New Mother

New Mother
New Mommy & Baby- Enlightened Birth & Doula Services

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Salad, Delicious Salad. How to eat your green supplements better.

For pregnant mommies, I would recommend this salad, later in pregnancy, or minus the heavy parsley. 


I have this hay fever thing going on this week. So, naturally in trying to get rid of it and out of my system, I have upped my antioxidants*. I decided why not try something different in taking my powdered green supplements as well and make it into one! Try this if you get tired of drinking your greens with juice or water.
Take salad basics, in this case organic greens, washed and dried.
Cut up the following ingredients, all fresh, no dried ones- cucumber, tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro and parsley. Throw in some olive oil, red wine vinegar and a spoonful of your favorite green supplement…
Here is the one I use- pH Miracle’s, Doc Broc’s Power Plants, I’m sure you have a good green supplement of your own.

Don’t forget salt & pepper to taste! Salt and pepper make everything taste extra good!
Mix the two up and toss.

Enjoy your delicious healthy antioxidant rich salad!

Here’s the definition of antioxidants from Medline:
*Antioxidants are substances that may protect your cells against the effects of free radicals. Free radicals are molecules produced when your body breaks down food, or by environmental exposures like tobacco smoke and radiation. Free radicals can damage cells, and may play a role in heart disease, cancer and other diseases.
Antioxidant substances include
·        Beta-carotene
·        Lutein
·        Lycopene
·        Selenium
·        Vitamin A
·        Vitamin C
·        Vitamin E

Antioxidants are found in many foods. These include fruits and vegetables, nuts, grains, and some meats, poultry and fish.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing post! I love this post on - How to eat your Green supplements better. It was worth knowledgeable. My sister is expecting and I would definitely tell her about your post. Thanks for this great share!

    ReplyDelete